2466 / GAIT TRANSFER BELT
The OTC 2466 gait belt is a safety device used for moving a person from one place to another. The belt is also used to help hold up a weak person while they walk. Putting this belt around a person's waist allows helpers to grip it and keep the person from falling. It also decreases the chance of a helper hurting his back while helping a person move or walk.
Use For: Used for moving a person with balance problems from one place to another; to assist a person with balance problems in walking
• Helps facilitate patient transfers, provides the extra leverage a caregiver needs
• 2-inch wide heavy duty web belt
• Locking teeth fastening mechanism
• Secured in place around the waist and left there for use when needed
• Inconspicuous and unobtrusive
• Can be used at home or in a professional setting
• Latex free
Locking teeth fastening mechanism. Secured in place around the waist and left there for use when needed.
2-inch wide heavy duty web belt. Inconspicuous, unobtrusive, and latex free.
How to Measure for and Apply the Gait Transfer Belt
|MEASURE AROUND THE WAIST|
|SMALL||48” (121.9 cm)|
|MEDIUM||54” (137.1 cm)|
|LARGE||60” (152.4 cm)|
A. Measure around the waist
1. This gait belt is 2” wide and is constructed of heavy duty cotton webbing.
2. Belt is secured around patient’s waist by means of a locking teeth mechanism.
3. Belt stays engaged around patient’s waist, ready for use when needed.